Secret Menu Made Official: Starbucks Debuts 6 New Frappuccino Flavors4 months ago
Here Is What’s New on Netflix for June 20154 months ago
11 NEW Starbucks Secret Menu Frappuccinos to Try During Frappuccino Happy Hour5 months ago
Starbucks Giving Out Free Cookie Straws with Frappuccino Orders—Limited Time5 months ago
Kraft Mac & Cheese will no longer fluoresce neon orange5 months ago
35 Secret Starbucks Drinks You Didn’t Know You Could Order
Most people don’t know this, but Starbucks has a secret menu created by dedicated baristas and enthusiastic customers. It’s not listed anywhere, and most of the drinks are region specific. But if you know the recipe–you can ask for them anywhere!
Ever notice custom frappuccino suggestions scrawled on blackboards in the store, with a barista’s name as the creator? That’s where these come from! Some of these have become popular and wide-spread, but you should know the recipe as asking for a drink by name will NOT be familiar to almost all baristas.
Please be respectful to your Baristas; none of these items are on the actual menu, and are instead creations/customizations by enthusiastic customers and baristas from throughout the world. If you’d like a drink you see here, don’t ask for it by name; ask for it by the recipe! And please be mindful of seasonal ingredients in some of the drinks when that is noted.
1. Caramel Apple Frappuccino
This one can taste like caramel dipped apples, or even like a slice of cinnamon-scented apple pie topped with caramel. Delicious! For a more pronounced caramel flavor, try ordering (if the caramel ribbon crunch frappuccino’s dark caramel is available):
- Apple juice to the first line
- Whole milk to the second line
- Cream base (4 pumps for venti, 3 pumps grande, 2 pumps tall)
- Dark caramel (3 pumps for venti, 2 pumps grande, and 1 pump for a tall)
- Cinnamon dolce syrup (3 pumps for venti, 2 pumps grande, and 1 pump for a tall)
- Caramel ribbon crunch pieces
- Caramel drizzle
- Get it with whipped cream and cinnamon dolce topping
If that seems like too much caramel for you, try asking for:
- Cream base to the first line
- Apple juice to the second line
- Caramel syrup (2 pumps for venti, 1.5 pumps grande, and 1 pump tall)
- Cinnamon dolce syrup (2 pumps for venti, 1.5 pumps grande, and 1 pump tall)
2. Orange Creamsicle Frappuccino
Orange and vanilla go so well together. What’s not to like? When summertime refreshers are available, try ordering a Valencia orange refresher blended with the vanilla bean frappuccino base. Whipped cream on top goes well here. Very simple to order, but only available seasonally.
For other times of the year, try asking for:
- Orange mango juice to the first line
- Milk (soy, dairy, whatever you prefer) to the second line
- Cream base (4 pumps for a venti, 3 pumps grande, and 2 pumps for a tall)
- Classic syrup (4 pumps for a venti, 3 pumps grande, and 2 pumps for a tall)
- Scoop of ice, then blended together
- Get it with whipped cream on top
3. Nutella Frappuccino
- Coffee frappuccino
- Hazelnut syrup (1.5 pumps for venti, 1 pump for a grande, half a pump for tall)
- Mocha syrup (3 pumps for venti, 2 pumps for a grande, 1 for tall)
- Whipped cream blended in
Top it with whipped cream and/or caramel if you so desire.
4. Spiced Apple Chai
This one is delicious and simple to order. You can have it either hot or iced. It tastes like a spiced apple cider, and it’s very refreshing when iced. I’ve actually been able to just ask for an iced/hot apple chai at most places and the baristas know what to do, but I’ve run into a few locations where they’re a little confused.
If the barista is unfamiliar, just tell them it’s a chai infusion in apple juice after asking for it hot or iced. That’s how most ring it up on the register, too–although I’ve also seen some do a chai latte minus milk and with apple juice, which will be a bit more expensive. It varies depending on location. Try it with caramel drizzle and whipped cream on top if you’re getting it hot.
5. Mint Chocolate Chip Frapuccino
- A green tea frappuccino
- Peppermint syrup (1-4 pumps, adjust for taste and size)
- And java chips (1-4 scoops)
- A green tea frappuccino
- Java chips
- Mocha syrup (3 pumps for a venti, 2 for grande, and 2 for tall)
- Peppermint syrup (2 pumps for a venti, 1 pump for grande and tall)
If the green tea is too strong, just ask for less green tea powder in the future. Find out which combination is your favorite!
6. Peach Ring Tea
- Half Valencia orange refresher and half passion tea
- No water
- Peach syrup (6 pumps for trenta, 5 for venti, 3 for grande, and 2 for tall)
7. Caramel Snickerdoodle Macchiato
This one is reminiscent of a caramel covered snickerdoodle cookie. Ask for an iced soy caramel macchiato, upside down (this makes it so the flavors blend together better) with vanilla syrup (2 pumps for venti, 1.5 for grande, and 1 for tall) and cinnamon dolce syrup (2 pumps venti, 1.5 grande, and just one for tall).